Thursday, January 7, 2010

My sister-in-law who has been holed up in her house with my newest niece Taiden had recently been talking about this book, Horton Hatches the Egg. Much to her surprise, my sister and I had never heard of it. Just a few short days later, and Jenny had outfitted both of our families with our own copies. I promptly read it to Huett and Sam at bedtime. Let me just tell you, they love it like they've never loved a book before. From the part where Horton first climbs up on the tree, to where the hunters sneak up on him, and all the way to the end where an "elephant bird" hatches, they want to know "why" and "whats that?" They both agree they don't like it when he's in the snow and ice, and the rainy page where its thundering and lightening is scary. I read with great animation (I should've been a school teacher) and they are really intrigued. So if you haven't read it, or if you just haven't read it to your kids, then I recommend that you do! It's a classic!
Enjoy!
.
And Jenny, just so you know, the favor will soon be returned with a special surprise just for your little ones (well actually more for you, but you'll understand when you see it!)
Happy snow days everybody...and just so I can fit in with every other Alabamian known to man...Roll Tide Roll...or as people like to put on face book RTR!
(Uhoh, I've drank (drunk?) the kool-aid!)

1 comment:

  1. Well you will have to read the book to me!! I have not read it. Jenny had mentioned it to me a few times but didn't really catch on to the greatness of it!!!!Give the boys a kiss from GranGran tonight when you read the book the them!

    ReplyDelete

background